FOUR POWER STAGES, UNLIMITED EXPRESSION
Combining classic tube sound and feel with next-generation tonal diversity, the BOSS Nextone series presents an exciting new concept in professional guitar amplification. Distinctive channel voicings deliver a wide range of inspiring tones, while four selectable Class AB analog power amp types provide instant access to the unique characteristics of 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34 output tube sections. Backed by our advanced Tube Logic approach, each power amp type re-voices the entire circuit from input to output, putting the complete sonic experience of these signature power stages in one amp for the very first time.
Want to dive deeper with even more sound customization? Just connect to the Nextone Editor and become a virtual tech, fine-tuning bias, sag, and other internal settings to perfectly match your individual style and touch. Nextone also includes convenient modern features for stage playing, such as built-in effects, a line out for mic-free direct tone, and a power control for expressive cranked-amp sound at manageable volumes. And thanks to Tube Logic, you get to enjoy all the great sound and response of your favorite tube designs without the backbreaking weight and ongoing maintenance hassles.
Nextone Version 2: More Tone-Shaping Tools to Craft Your Personal Sound
Version 2 firmware delivers a host of new tone personalization options via the Nextone Editor. A key feature is Character Shape, which unlocks designer-level sound control right at the heart of the power amplifier. In addition, separate pre/post preamp EQs are now available (including a new 10-band graphic), seven boost types have been added, and effects can be set independently for custom mode channels. There’s also a selectable Extra Headroom setting for added punch. And with new import/export and librarian functions, it’s easier than ever to work with your different Nextone setups.
- Professional performance amplifier with authentic Tube Logic tone
- Four analog Class AB power amp circuits, selectable from the panel: 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34
- Portable combo design with 80 watts of power and custom 12-inch speaker
- Clean and lead channels, with standard and custom mode options
- Dynamically responsive power control for cranked-up sound and response at reduced volumes
- Nextone Editor (Mac/Windows) for customizing internal amp parameters, including tone stack type, sag, bias, effects, system settings, and much more
- Boost and Tone switches for adding crunch and sparkle
- Built-in delay, tremolo, and reverb effects, plus loop for patching in external effects
- External speaker jacks: one 8 ohm and two 16 ohm
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel mic’d cab settings selectable from the Nextone Editor
- Support for direct recording and re-amping via USB
Nextone Version 2 Newly Added Features (Available Using the Nextone Editor)
- Character Shape for each tube type, enabling deep tone optimization at the power amplifier’s core
- Extra Headroom switch for added punch when the power control is wide open
- Two EQs now available for tone-shaping before and after the preamp section, with your choice of parametric or 10-band graphic types
- Seven new boost types added
- Independent effects assignment now possible per channel in custom mode
- Graphic EQ type now available in the system section
- Newly added import/export and librarian functions, plus 20 new presets