Build a More Versatile Guitar Rig with Our Guitar Effects Products
Even if you love the way your electric guitar sounds coming out of the amp with no effects, it’s still worth it to build a rig that includes a few guitar effects pedals and accessories. While it’s a deep rabbit hole to explore, the world of guitar pedals and pedalboards is also extremely rewarding. With the right effects accessories in place, you can turn your guitar into an even more versatile and expressive instrument than it already is.
The Importance of Guitar Effects
Before you buy an MXR effects pedal or start looking at what types of Fender effects products there are on the market, it’s good to have a general idea of why guitar effects pedals matter at all. Here are just a few of the capabilities you can add to your rig with the right pedal.
- Adding distortion: Especially in rock music, distortion has an essential place in the sonic palette. A well-placed blast of guitar distortion can add muscle and power to your song and make the whole thing sound bigger and bolder. The right pedal can put this capability right there at your feet.
- Turning your electric guitar into an acoustic: Perhaps you forgot your acoustic guitar at home or didn’t want to travel to a live gig with multiple instruments. If you are an artist with both acoustic and electric songs, this situation can be frustrating. Luckily, though, certain pedals can effectively turn your electric guitar into an intimate-sounding acoustic instrument.
- Looping instrumental components: Whether you are composing at home and working on fleshing out new components of your song or playing a solo show where you want a bit more than a single guitar line, having the option to loop different elements of the song can be incredibly freeing. Many pedals and pedalboards are built with this type of looping and laying in mind.
A Short Buyer’s Guide for Guitar or Bass Effects
As you shop for a guitar or bass effects pedal, keep these tips in mind to help you find the right product.
- Know what you are trying to accomplish: As discussed above, not all guitar pedals do the same things. Knowing what you are specifically hoping to accomplish with your pedal (or with a rig of several pedals) can help you zero in on the effects that are going to make the biggest difference for your live gigs, your recording sessions or your song writing process.
- Explore different brands: There isn’t just one brand that crafts high-quality guitar pedals or pedalboards. For instance, many guitarists swear by BOSS effects pedals—and they are fantastic—but there’s lots to love about Strymon effects pedals or Dunlop effects pedals, too.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for advice: At Music 440, we stock a vast array of guitar pedals and effects accessories and are here to help you find the right fit for you. We love working with guitarists to build out their rigs and achieve new dimensions of their playing. Stop into our store to try out a few pedals and get some tips and recommendations on which products will take your sound to the next level.
About Music 440
At Music 440, our goal is to be a guitar shop for everyone. Whether you are a beginning guitar player purchasing their very first guitar effects pedal or an experienced player with an already expansive rig, we would love the opportunity to work with you. Contact us today to learn more.